DENVER—Smiling at one another and joking about the fateful coincidence at they sat together at the Irish Lion Pub, local 26-year-old Nick Latham told reporters Friday he couldn’t believe he and the woman he had just met, Sara Reilly, also 26, owed tens of thousands of dollars in student loan debt to the same bank.
- Strength: Reports from coach's office indicate Pete Carroll is a complete football genius
- Weakness: Team is in their 10th year of humoring quarterback and Make-A-Wish cancer patient Matt Hasselbeck
- Player To Watch: Tackle Russell Okung is injured and may miss the season opener, so watching him will spare you from seeing the Seahawks play
- Intangibles: Billionaire owner Paul Allen is concentrating less on his team and more on hollowing out the earth so he can live inside it with the dinosaurs there
San Francisco 49ers
- Strength: He may not be a Joe Montana, but Alex Smith is proving to be a better QB than Jim Druckenmiller, Gio Carmazzi, or Steve Stenstrom ever were
- Weakness: Whatever head coach Mike Singletary is thinking at any given moment
- Player To Watch: Veteran Brian Westbrook is always a threat to explode into a cloud of ligaments and bone
- Biggest Question: If the 49ers are willing to let Glen Coffee go to follow Christ, what's to stop the entire team from following suit?
St. Louis Rams
- Strength: Going into 2010, the Rams are almost perfectly positioned to receive another high draft pick in 2011
- Weakness: Battle for the quarterback position seems to be heating up, as neither starter A.J. Feely nor first overall draft pick Sam Bradford wants to be blamed for the upcoming 2-14 season
- Intangibles: Scuttlebutt around the league says the Rams have a pretty good track record when it comes to playing decent music on the locker-room boom box
- Biggest Question: What sick fuck thought it would be a good idea for the Rams to face the defending Super Bowl champion Saints on the road Dec. 12?
- Strength: Superstar Larry Fitzgerald runs crisp routes, gets good separation, and watches helplessly as poorly thrown passes wobble to the turf
- Weakness: Kurt Warner is getting slower and less accurate because he has retired and is never, ever coming back
- Player To Watch: None, although team is well-stocked with players to turn away from while cringing because you can't bear to watch
- Intangibles: Matt Leinart, who may be the least tangible quarterback in the NFL