This blog entry is reprinted with permission from the Department of Health and Human Services.
Studies show an individual with a BMI of more than 30 needs six shots of premium grade vodka to feel even mildly buzzed, whereas someone with a BMI between 20 - 25 only needs half of that to lose all of his or her inhibitions. Isn’t that all the reason you need to maintain a healthy weight?
Take this quiz to find out if your weight may be affecting your ability to become intoxicated in a timely manner:
1) Do you usually have to carry one of your skinny friends to the bathroom to vomit before you even feel buzzed?
2) Are you are able to drive perfectly after shot-gunning four Keystones?
3) Do you have to drink an entire bottle of Jagermeister before you want to fight someone?
4) Are you friends unable to lift you for a keg stand?
5) Does a game of beer pong leave you out of breath but not drunk?
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions above, talk with your doctor about a weight-loss program.