- 1886: Always needing to be first, Ty Cobb pushes aside the baby that was supposed to come of his mother's vagina
- 1919: Man o' War doesn't start running until 1:50 into the race
- 1920: Cleveland shortstop Ray Chapman leans over the plate as though he were begging to be beaned in the head and killed on the ball field
- 1997: Long thought of as an over-the-top disciplinarian, P.J. Carlesimo gets right in Latrell Sprewell's face and yells, "There is no way in the world that you would strangle me right now"
- 1997: Prior to Game 5 of the NBA Finals against the Utah Jazz, Michael Jordan injects the flu into his body
- 2003: With Game 7 of the ALCS tied in the 11th inning, Red Sox pitcher Tim Wakefield decides to finish off the unknown Aaron Boone with one of his signature floaters
- 2008: Rather than punting like he should, Lions coach Rod Marinelli repeatedly goes for it on first down
- 2009: Bill Simmons publishes 750-page book about basketball; the word "basketball" appears only 37 times in the text, whereas "Bill Simmons" appears 5,723 times
Onion Sports presents its winners and losers from the 14th week of the NFL season: Winners Denver Broncos: Denver stayed in the playoff hunt with ...
OSN shares its expert analysis on the teams that will come away with victory in this weekend’s NFL week 14 games: Texans at Jaguars ...
Onion Sports presents its winners and losers from the 12th week of the NFL season: Winners Wes Welker: With a costly drop and a mismanaged ...