THE HAGUE—In an effort to crack down on the systematic killing of entire races and ethnic groups, International Criminal Court officials introduced a new "three strikes" policy Monday that mandates harsher punishments for offenders receiving their third genocide conviction. "You get three chances, and that's it," said ICC president Sang-Hyun Song, a judge with a reputation for being tough on genocide. "It doesn't matter if you're slaughtering rival clans en masse, gassing your own people, or gunning down all males over the age of 15 in front of their families and neighbors. If it's your third time, we're throwing the book at you." According to the ICC, three-time perpetrators of genocide will face stiff fines and have to issue formal public apologies, pending appeals.
More News in Brief
New Obesity Drug Delicious
CHICAGO—Following the FDA’s approval of the prescription obesity medication Pryvexa earlier this week, users of the recently released weight management pill have confirmed ...
Scientific Breakthrough Reveals Stars Consist Primarily Of Twinkles
WASHINGTON—In a breakthrough study that experts say completely reshapes our understanding of the cosmos, a team of astrophysicists at Oxford University have discovered that ...
Last 12 Years A Real Wake-Up Call For Area Man
SAGINAW, MI—Saying he had been “shaken up pretty badly” after hitting rock bottom from 2001 to 2013, local man Phillip Garvey, 41, told reporters ...



2

