- 9/14/08: Jon Kitna throws two picks to Charles Woodson on the same play
- 9/28/08: Lions become first team to ever lose during their bye week, 24-10
- 10/12/08: After years of wondering, QB Dan Orlovsky finally finds out what happens if the quarterback goes back for a pass and takes four or five steps out of the end zone
- 11/3/08: Team signs Daunte Culpepper
- 11/27/08: On top of all the shit that's been going on, Lions TE Michael Gaines gets gum on his shoe
- 12/7/08: Lions actually outscore the Vikings 23-20 and still lose
- 12/14/08: On the goal line with the game tied and seconds to go, Kevin Smith accidentally dives backward 100 yards and records a safety
- 4/25/09: Though it had been rumored for months that the Lions would use their first pick to draft QB Matthew Stafford, this does not stop him from yelling "goddamn motherfucker" his entire time at the podium
- 9/13/09: Before his first snap, Matt Stafford realizes the earth has traveled 1.3 billion miles since the last time the Lions won
With David Beckham retiring last week, Onion Sports examines notable moments from the soccer player’s illustrious 21-year career.
With Sergio Garcia plummeting from first place to a seven-way tie for eighth at the Players Championship last weekend, Onion Sports examines some of the ...
With LeBron James winning his fourth MVP award, Onion Sports examines the greatest moments from the superstar’s career up to this point. 1991: In ...