Man With 'Popcorn Lung' Awarded $7 Million

American VoicesOpinion ISSUE 48•39 Sep 24, 2012

A jury awarded $7.2 million in damages to a man diagnosed with “Popcorn Lung,” a respiratory disease he may have developed from inhaling a chemical in artificial butter flavoring during a decade in which he ate two bags of microwave popcorn a day. What do you think?

  • “Wow, that must have been some decade!”

    Miles Corkery –
    Edge Sander

  • ““Did he mention what brand it was? If he was eating that much, it must be pretty good popcorn.”

    Randy McGlone –
    Phone Book Deliverer

  • “He should have read the warning about keeping the product well away from one’s nose and mouth.”

    Marilyn Cheshire –
    Wharf Attendant

Popular Onion Video

Watch more videos