Since their inception, the OSNY awards have been built on moments: bone-crushing, animal-killing, athlete-humiliating moments. We took a look at the top five on the pre-OSNY Dome tonight, but here are a list of runners-up that are champions in their own right:
- 1952 - Eddie Gaedel wins the OSNY for "Tiniest Hero" after becoming the shortest man in major league history, and is honored by being passed around the crowd so everyone can rub his head
- 1986 - Robin Yount doesn't even show up to claim his OSNY for Best Shortstop Turned Outfielder, like any cares who Robin Yount is
- 1999 - The 90's are brought to a stirring close as the Stone Temple Pilots deliver a stirring 23-minute long rendition of "Plush"
- 2002 - The OSNY's honor the victims of 9/11 by renaming every award, including "Best Team Since The Events Of 9/11" and "Teammates That Best Exemplify Spirit Of The Twin Towers"
- 2005 - The entire New York Yankees roster stands on one stage to be laughed at and mocked for blowing a 3-0 series lead in the ALCS the year before
- 2009 - Willie Mays receives 336 standing ovations, setting the record for the most standing ovations in a single sports awards show
- 2010 - MMA champ Shane Corwin chokes out SportsDome anchor Alex Reiser on the red carpet