- 0 AD–September 11, 2001: Everything fine
- September 11, 2001: September 11, 2001
- September 12, 2001: A determined George W. Bush responds to the Sept. 11 attacks by swiftly promising two failed wars, a nearly 10-year manhunt for the man responsible, and a devastating economic downturn
- May 2004: World leaders meet to discuss moral ramifications of drone warfare, decide it’s fine
- March 2005: Parker Brothers releases popular War On Terror–themed board game ‘Insurgency!’
- June 2006: U.S. Army aborts poorly worded Operation Making Freedom Happen
- August 2006: Charlotte, NC financial analyst Omar Abbas receives his 500,000th suspicious glance
- December 2008: Laid-back Osama bin Laden delivers latest terrorist threat in jeans
- June 2010: Army Special Forces manage to corner Terror in a safe house in Afghanistan but it escapes alive
- May 2, 2011: Osama bin Laden is killed, and The Onion plans to release the photo of his dead body in 20 minutes. Come on back then.
- May 2013: Approximately 12 people feel safe
Uruguay's legislature is voting today to make their country the first in the world to legally regulate the production, distribution, and sale of marijuana ...
With the Regular Decision application deadline fast approaching at many top universities, high school seniors around the nation are rushing to fill out college applications.
Here is a breakdown of the average American consumer’s Christmas spending