U.S. Income Inequality Widest Since 1928

American VoicesOpinion ISSUE 49•37 Sep 11, 2013

Last year, the nation’s wealthiest 1 percent took in the largest share of U.S. household income since the eve of the Great Depression in 1928, with their incomes rising 20 percent during 2012, compared to a 1 percent annual increase in income for the remaining 99 percent of the population. What do you think?

  • “All right! So we’re only a crash, a war, and a dust bowl away from a level playing field!”

    Winter Dillon –
    Systems Analyst

  • “Maybe 2014 will be the 99 percent’s year.”

    Douglas Kopecky –
    Battery Assembler

  • “You mean all these good times could be coming to an end?”

    Charlene Kirk –
    Airbrush Artist

Popular Onion Video

Watch more videos