HELENA, MT—Continuing his lengthy trek around the league, sources confirmed Friday that 36-year-old journeyman fan Brian Ferretti has joined the Arizona Cardinals, his sixth team in the past five years.
- After putting on a special batting helmet and protective vest as well as an ankle brace and two batting gloves, Scott Gordon strikes out on three straight pitches
- For the first time since the 1983 LLWS, more players are called "tiger" than "scout"
- The Japanese team is brought in front of a Little League tribunal after defying mercy rule conventions in a 417-2 romp of Saudi Arabia
- Jake Hewitt's mom from the Peabody, MA team says she's going to get water for everyone but comes back with Gatorades and it's awesome
- The Urbandale team sets a new LLWS record by crying for a straight 22 minutes after losing
- Georgia player Kyle King slides headfirst so as to avoid breaking the crack vials in his back pocket
- During a visit to the Little League Hall of Fame, tournament participants rush to the plaques of their heroes: Danny, Todd, and Kyle
- ESPN momentarily stops the telecast after an onscreen graphic shows that Jason Ferrell's favorite sexual position is the reverse cowgirl
- The Staten Island team representing the Mid-Atlantic sets an LLWS record with 85 "fuckin's" and 38 "faggots"