With March Madness just around the corner, Onion Sports provides in-depth analysis on which teams will make or miss the NCAA tournament.
- Villanova: Like a team that’s second in the nation in free-throw attempts isn’t getting into the tourney? Yeah right, try to stop them, NCAA
- La Salle: This is a team with a lot of spunk and a whole lot of heart but almost no pluck whatsoever—they face an uphill battle
- Iowa: Accidentally filled out NCAA form 5601-G instead of 5691-J, leaving them on the outside looking in
- Kentucky: Disappointing performance this season makes them an unlikely selection, but they have shown the committee flashes of the kind of serious NCAA violations a John Calipari team needs to go deep
- Temple University: A strong finish to the regular season could set up the Owls for their most recent first-round exit since 2012
- Gonzaga: The number-one team in the nation, sure, but how good can they really be?
- Baylor: Their policy of outright refusal to shoot free throws during games will only serve to hurt Baylor down the stretch
- University of Utah: The Utes had one of the most intimidating schedules coming into the season, which somewhat explains their 11-17 record
- Northwestern: Don’t discount the Wildcats—6’5” guard Drew Crawford is the chair of the 2013 NCAA selection committee