With their party rocked by the Rep. Mark Foley sexual-harassment scandal, Republicans are using the following strategies to overcome the bad press:
- Launching ad campaign entitled "Okay, We Goofed"
- Releasing new, sexually explicit electronic messages that are more rooted in family values
- Coming out against terrorism
- Hiring new pages from pool of senior citizens desperate for work
- Getting out and raising a little money together
- Revealing how devastatingly handsome the teenage boy was
- Only getting involved in scandals that don't directly fly in face of party line