Members of the class of 2011 are facing an anemic job market as the national unemployment rate hovers around 9 percent. Here are some of the ways graduating seniors are getting a leg up:
- Applying at places they happen to walk by and get a good feeling about
- Getting the phone numbers of the 500 biggest companies in the United States; calling them and screaming, "ARE YOU HIRING?"
- Practicing handshake with boss doll at home
- Packaging resumé with a free iTunes download
- Lurking at Chinese lunch buffet to find out what people with jobs talk about
- Putting up "Josh Needs Work" fliers in their area and expecting support, not laughter, you guys
- Googling "How to get a job"
- Comping extra slice of cheese on sandwich of anyone who looks as if they might be hiring