When George Lucas’ Star Wars premiered in 1977, the movie quickly became a phenomenon. On its 40th anniversary, The Onion looks back on the franchise’s defining moments:
- Throw in a few extra brushing sessions on top of the required 25 per day.
- Double your daily calorie intake to expand the width of your lap.
- You don’t need a special occasion to treat them to an empty cardboard box in the middle of the week!
- Indulge your pet by setting aside an area of the house that’s just for him, such as your bed or laptop keyboard.
- Give your cat an extra-special treat by devoting an entire day to leaving him alone.