SALEM, OR—Saying their respective justifications were “good to go” whenever necessary, local couple Mark Wondrich, 25, and Cara Marshall, 27, reported Friday that they each have a comprehensive list of reasons why they should break up with the other on standby.
- No, if these kids can’t afford to live for months at a time in a major metropolitan city without a salary, then they don’t seem like the type of people that deserve the good jobs.
- Yes, I’m appalled at these companies unless they end up hiring me.
- No way. Interns are handsomely compensated with oxygen and chairs.
- Of course not. The best way to see if someone is truly qualified and well-suited for a job is to see how well he or she can do mindless busy work without complaint.
- There’s no way we’re paying Nate for the crap he does.
- It’s fine, as long as the interns don’t walk away with the sense they are owed, or have accomplished, anything.
- Yes, but who am I to pay people who work for me?