DENVER—Smiling at one another and joking about the fateful coincidence at they sat together at the Irish Lion Pub, local 26-year-old Nick Latham told reporters Friday he couldn’t believe he and the woman he had just met, Sara Reilly, also 26, owed tens of thousands of dollars in student loan debt to the same bank.
- No, if these kids can’t afford to live for months at a time in a major metropolitan city without a salary, then they don’t seem like the type of people that deserve the good jobs.
- Yes, I’m appalled at these companies unless they end up hiring me.
- No way. Interns are handsomely compensated with oxygen and chairs.
- Of course not. The best way to see if someone is truly qualified and well-suited for a job is to see how well he or she can do mindless busy work without complaint.
- There’s no way we’re paying Nate for the crap he does.
- It’s fine, as long as the interns don’t walk away with the sense they are owed, or have accomplished, anything.
- Yes, but who am I to pay people who work for me?