CLEVELAND—Explaining that they simply didn’t want to have to deal with the immense time commitment and emotional exhaustion, sisters Katie and Ellen Cattell each privately admitted to reporters this week that they were hoping the other sibling would someday be the one to take care of their aging parents.
- No. Bedtime is when parents get to make fun of all the stupid things their child said that day.
- Yes, but not past age 25.
- Absolutely not. Kids should cry themselves to sleep each night, same as me.
- Sure. It seems slightly less weird than other recent parenting trends.
- Okay, but only if they all sleep in descending order of height.
- No; otherwise those kids would never grow out of being the little spoon.
- Definitely. I’m not going to wait until morning to be kicked in the face.