DENVER—Smiling at one another and joking about the fateful coincidence at they sat together at the Irish Lion Pub, local 26-year-old Nick Latham told reporters Friday he couldn’t believe he and the woman he had just met, Sara Reilly, also 26, owed tens of thousands of dollars in student loan debt to the same bank.
- Absolutely. This cycle of inherited wealth and inequality isn’t going to perpetuate itself.
- No, being an adult means drowning in credit card debt just like the rest of us.
- Yes. If they’re willing to go through that much effort to track me down, they deserve a little something.
- Absolutely not. If I could find the gumption to be born into a prosperous economy, so can they.
- Sure, if they can break a twenty.
- Only if I can be certain they’ll really hem and haw whenever it comes up around peers.
- Of course. I’m not about to abandon the sole form of contact we’ve maintained.
- No way. After my son turns 18, graduates from college, moves to a metropolitan city for a few years, and plows through a couple unpaid internships, he’s on his own.