DENVER—Smiling at one another and joking about the fateful coincidence at they sat together at the Irish Lion Pub, local 26-year-old Nick Latham told reporters Friday he couldn’t believe he and the woman he had just met, Sara Reilly, also 26, owed tens of thousands of dollars in student loan debt to the same bank.
- Yes. The risk of permanent injury just doesn’t outweigh the opportunity to inflict injury on others.
- No way. There just aren’t enough long-term studies yet about the effects of repeatedly concussing your head.
- Only if football is something that’s in his blood and you can’t take it out of him, if this whole town lives and dies by football, if football is all there is.
- Yes, but only up until middle school or whenever I stop needing to live vicariously through my son.
- Absolutely. How else will my son find a sense of belonging in high school as a chiseled, athletic teenager?
- Definitely. Kids need outdoor activity and bonding with friends, and I can’t think of anything else that does that but football.
- Wait, we can say no to our children?