- Even when the two of you don’t agree, present a unified front to your children until they figure out which of you is the weak link.
- Think twice before yelling and screaming. Establish a non-hostile environment in which to sit down and calmly discuss the Lego in your child’s windpipe.
- Reduce stress by outsourcing some of the nitty-gritty parenting duties to a nanny with a Ph.D. in Logic and Methodology from U.C. Berkeley.
- When people are angry, they sometimes blurt out things they later regret. Take a moment to gather your thoughts so you can come up with something truly cutting.
- When struggling to arrive at a consensus, make a list of pros and cons, crumple it up, and bounce it off your spouse’s forehead.
Brought to you by Catastrophe