Sometimes, when you find yourself being challenged to do things you're not comfortable with, a social situation can turn awkward. Here's how you can deflect such pressures and turn down a dare without losing face:
- Excuse yourself after surreptitiously singing your ringtone.
- Distract everyone with your double-jointed thumb.
- Politely and graciously inform challenger that he is under citizen's arrest.
- While acceptable, faking your sudden death may come off as unconvincing and overwrought in certain situations, such as in reaction to an invitation to play video trivia.
- Go around eating from a 5-pound bag of carrots and explain that, unfortunately, you’re still working on the last dare.