Man With 'Popcorn Lung' Awarded $7 Million

We may earn a commission from links on this page.

A jury awarded $7.2 million in damages to a man diagnosed with “Popcorn Lung,” a respiratory disease he may have developed from inhaling a chemical in artificial butter flavoring during a decade in which he ate two bags of microwave popcorn a day. What do you think?

“Wow, that must have been some decade!”

Miles Corkery • Edge Sander

“Did he mention what brand it was? If he was eating that much, it must be pretty good popcorn.”

Randy McGlone • Phone Book Deliverer


“He should have read the warning about keeping the product well away from one’s nose and mouth.”

Marilyn Cheshire • Wharf Attendant