Reports of five deaths said to be related to Monster Energy Drink—including a Maryland teen who died of caffeine-induced cardiac arrhythmia after consuming two 24-ounce beverages in a 24-hour period—has prompted an FDA investigation. What do you think?


“At least we can take some comfort in the knowledge that they didn’t die drowsy.”

Delia Cronenweth • Nurse-Midwife

Advertisement

“Are they sure it was the Monster Drinks and not the totally bitching rush from their snowboard jumps or motocross races?”

Javier Jimenez • Bus Driver

“That’s tragic, but a good rule of thumb is not to consume 48 ounces of anything.”

Paul DiBona • Urban Planner

Advertisement