With the NFL free agency period starting on March 12, teams are expected to once again dole out huge contracts. Onion Sports examines the best available players.
- Mike Wallace: The speedy wide receiver would like to sign with a new team just to avoid the unfortunate distinction of being Ben Roethlisberger’s favorite target.
- Reggie Bush: Fresh off his Heisman Trophy–winning season at USC, all 32 teams in 2006 would be thrilled to harness the limitless potential of this star running back
- Aqib Talib: This corner is likely headed to the Eagles, Giants, or Redskins, as he has expressed much interest in catching passes from Tony Romo
- Kregg Lumpkin: Another offseason, and, as usual, Kregg Lumpkin’s name is on every GM’s tongue
- Donnie Jones: He’s a punter—can always use one of those
- Greg Jennings: The Packers wide receiver seems all but certain to hurt himself for somebody else next year
- Joe Flacco: Shined in the playoffs, making him a hot commodity to anybody that willfully ignores how mediocre he has been his entire career
- Wes Welker: Jesus Christ, little guy managed to sneak his way right into this feature, didn’t he? Ugh, likely to re-sign with New England
- Ryan Clady: The heralded offensive lineman is likely to stay in Denver, considering the majority of his mass is caused by severe altitude-related swelling
- Chad Johnson: Wide receiver is the perfect fit for any franchise in pursuit of the first overall draft pick in 2014
- Steve Smith: Don’t get too excited, it’s the shitty one