With summer fast approaching, many people are planning long car trips to visit tourist attractions, see old friends, or simply hit the open road. Here are some tips for a fun and fulfilling road trip:
- Preparedness is your best ally when driving long distances, so practice looking out car windows for at least a week before embarking on any road trip.
- Assemble a ragtag group of friends who have some stuff to work out and maybe something they’re running away from.
- If you’re having trouble visualizing the idea of one long road trip, try looking at your vacation as a series of tiny commutes.
- The whole point of a road trip is to have fun, so wherever you’re headed, make sure to leave time for a side trip to Tommy Bartlett’s Robot World.
- Operating a car can be exhausting, so make sure you switch drivers every three to four minutes.
- Protect your vehicle from overheating by applying a thick layer of SPF 50 to its exterior.
- Drive with ham strapped to the hood of your car for a chance to see our nation’s glorious array of native birds.
- Always keep a spare tire in your trunk in case you find a strong tree branch over a swimming hole.
- Wait, wait, this is exit 264 right here. Get in the right lane. You’re good. This guy is letting you in. YOU’RE GOOD! JUST GO!
- When night falls, pitch your car into a tree to keep bears from getting at your food.
- Make sure you don’t have your life-changing epiphany until the penultimate day of the road trip. Any earlier and the rest of the drive will just seem like a waste.
Supreme Court: ‘We Wear Gold Crowns Now’