Like clockwork every year dozens of deserving NBA stars get snubbed while useless, washed-up stars like Kevin Durant and LeBron James coast in on reputation alone. Here are Onion Sports’ biggest snubs from the 2021 NBA All-Star Game.
This Week's Most Viral News: June 9, 2023
- Bam Adebayo: Honestly it just would have been nice for Bam to get a little break from Jimmy Butler. He’s great, but that guy is intense.
- Damian Lillard: While he was named a reserve, he likely lost a starting spot because he didn’t have any playoff buzzer-beaters in the first half of the season.
- Domantas Sabonis: Sabonis will become the first player to miss the All-Star game while averaging 22 pints of sweat per outing.
- Mike Conley: The veteran point guard was ineligible for consideration due to his age, a case Conley will bring before the Supreme Court in April.
- Andrew Wiggins: Someone making $29 million has to be good, right?
- Jimmy Butler: He led a miraculous run to the finals last year for the Heat, but many are wondering why he didn’t look fresh for the season that started immediately after that run.
- DeMar DeRozan: He completely reinvented himself on the Spurs in the role of decent player on a team that won’t win a championship.
- Trae Young: The Hawks guard has reportedly turned a lot of players off because they are unable to figure out his age by looking at his face.
- Dwyane Wade: Has any recently retired superstar performed better? Being charming, amusing, handsome, a loving father, and he’s got a new game show coming out!
- Fred Van Vleet: Only reason he’s being kept off the roster are the numerous players at his position that are definitively better than him.