- Timing is everything when asking someone out, so always wait until they’ve returned from the bathroom.
- Put your own unique spin on it. Instead of a phone call, mail a Valentine’s Day card dated five years in the future.
- Make sure you are facing the sun so the light can illuminate the unfurling of your brilliant plumage.
- Get to the point quickly. Don’t beat around the bush by asking too many lead-in questions or allowing them to speak.
- When you successfully leave the bar with their phone number, double-check that it came with all ten digits.
More from The Onion
‘Your Honor, I’m Ready To Present,’ Says Giuliani Pulling Rotted Melon, Stray Cat Out Of Old Burlap Sack