- Become friendly with your butcher, who will be able to recommend and supply the very best cuts of meat. If befriending him takes too long, simple blackmail ought to do the trick.
- The key to cooking steak is aeration, hence the need to stab it with a thermometer early and often.
- Build up a hefty appetite by using a dull knife to hack your way through the thickest ham hocks.
- Don’t discount white meat! Chicken is incredibly versatile and can be shaped into nearly any type of dinosaur.
- Searing the meat right at the end will better seal in the juices and reduce the amount of liquid you’ll have to slurp up from the pan during clean-up.
Leave the brisket to us. Click here for a list of Firehouse Subs locations near you.