- Listen attentively to the Maid of Honor’s toast to discredit any anecdotes that paint the groom in an even slightly unflattering light.
- Feel free to include a few inside jokes, but resist the temptation to write the entire speech in your secret twin language.
- Don’t burden your audience with a 20-minute monologue; instead, focus on one or two fistfights that truly cemented your friendship.
- Thank everyone who made the day possible, including the parents of the bride and groom and the computer algorithm that made this unbelievable love story come true.
- Remember to raise your glass at the end of the speech, or else all your well-wishing is rendered null and void.