Attending a wedding comes with its own set of social graces. The Onion provides a list of basic rules of etiquette for being a polite, congenial wedding guest:
- Spare the bride and groom the logistical headache of tracking all those RSVP cards by simply showing up.
- Feel free to purchase a wedding gift that the couple has not included in their registry, but be advised that they might already have a hacksaw they’re happy with.
- Speak up about dietary issues in advance. Most caterers are happy to provide extra protein if you’re in the middle of an epic bulking cycle.
- Remember not to smash cake into the bride’s face until the groom has had the first shot at it.
- It’s generally considered impolite to take advantage of an open bar past the point of recouping your flight and hotel costs.
- Do your best to make conversation with whomever is seated at your table. They’re bound to have as much good dirt on the bride as you do.
- Let the hosts know if you must cancel at the last minute so they can take the proper measures to cut you out of their lives.
- If they do that gross thing with the garter, just go with it. This is their day.
Jimmy Carter Becomes World’s Heaviest Man At 850 Pounds